Application Submission Deadline is October 15, 2015
Kelly Services®(Nasdaq: KEYLA, KEYLB), is accepting applications for its annual “Future Engineers Scholarship”–a $5,000 award that will be presented to one eligible undergraduate student in December 2015. The scholarship award, which can be used for tuition, fees, books, and room and board expenses for the 2016 calendar year, is awarded to one student based on a written essay, documented acceptance into a school of engineering, demonstrated academic success and an intention to pursue a career in the field of engineering.The scholarship is designed to support and encourage engineering students in the United States and Canada while increasing awareness of engineering as a career path with unlimited potential.
Applications will be reviewed with consideration given to the candidate’s field of study and career objectives as well as the extent to which the individual demonstrates the commitment and potential to make a significant contribution in his or her field.
To be considered for the Future Engineers Scholarship, a student must:
• Be a full-time student at the time of application submittal, pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or Canada during the 2016 calendar year, and be accepted into the school of engineering.
• Have a college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or 3.5 or higher on a 4.5 scale, and so forth).
• Hold second-or third-year undergraduate status during the 2016 calendar year. Undergraduate students in their first or fourth years of study and those graduating on or before June 2016 are not eligible.
• Be a United States or Canadian citizen or a resident alien/landed immigrant; be in good legal standing with their university if on a student visa, or in the case of candidates from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands, a United States national.
• Candidate background information
• Candidate essay (800-1,200 words)
• Two independent evaluations of the candidate
• College transcripts.
Applications and additional information on the Future Engineers Scholarship are available at: www.kellyengineering.com/
About Kelly Services®
As a global leader in providing workforce solutions, Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) and its subsidiaries, offer a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Kelly® has a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe by employing 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through its talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twit
Kelly is celebrating its 50th anniversary of providing engineering talent to clients. Since 1965, Kelly’s engineering specialty has grown to be recognized as a leading provider of engineering resource to customers in industries such as aerospace, automotive, chemical, defense, electronics, energy, medical device, and pharmaceutical.